Enrol and Pay Excursions/Events
View the summary of Enrol and Pay Events in Semester 2, 2019 [as at 4 Nov 2019]
For excursions/events where payment is required at the time of enrolment (Enrol and Pay), you must pay when you enrol. The following policy has been developed to assist in the smooth and fair running of excursions/events.
Enrol and Pay Excursions/Events Policy
- Only members who have enrolled and paid will be able to attend excursions/events.
- Online payment via MyU3A (Member Log-In) is now available for excursions/events which require prior payment. It is the preferred method of payment. When you enrol, a Class Fee will appear in on your Membership Status page in MyU3A. *
- Payment is also accepted by bank transfer and in the office (cash/cheque) and it will need to be recorded manually on your MyU3A record by the finance team.
- For specified Enrol and Pay Excursions/Events, enrolment and payment must occur at the same time. You should not enrol for any other Enrol and Pay Excursion/event until payment has been made for the first excursion/event and your MyU3A balance is zero.
- Where a fee is not specified initially for an Enrol and Pay Excursion/Event, this fee will be advised to members 6 weeks prior to the date of the excursion/event and enrolments will open at this time. The policy of Enrol and Pay at the same time will apply.
- When you enrol, a confirmation email will be generated and sent to you by MyU3A.
- An opening date and closing date for enrolment is specified for most Enrol and Pay Excursions/Events.
- If you have enrolled and are on the waiting list, payment is not required, until a place has been offered to you.
Refer also to Payment Options.
If you have any questions in relation to this procedure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will be in touch.
* NOTE: When paying Class Fees online, you will see a request to “Initiate payment for fees for 2019 Membership” and “You are paying $ (amount) for 2019 membership". We cannot change the wording at this stage – but continue with your payment, which will be applied to the relevant excursion/event. In the future, we hope to be able to match the wording to the actual payment being made.