U3A is a not-for-profit organisation with no paid staff.
It is founded on the policy that members volunteer their services to ensure the organisation operates effectively for the benefit of all. All administrative, office, and teaching tasks are performed by volunteers.
Volunteering is a rewarding, social and inclusive experience. We encourage members to share their special knowledge, skills and interests. There are plenty of opportunities to contribute as a volunteer:
Office and management duties
- Serving on the Committee of Management
- Staffing the U3A Banyule Office for 2 hours per month, 10.00am to 12noon, Monday - Friday
- Computer skills
- Assisting with social events or with course administration
- As a class representative assisting a Tutor
Tutoring a subject - for further information, refer to Tutoring
Organising speakers for talks
Leading excursions, e.g. museums, art galleries, gardens, and places of interest
How to volunteer:
Download and complete the Volunteering Form providing your details, skills and interests and either:
- Email to U3A Banyule firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to the Secretary, U3A Banyule, PO Box 454, Rosanna VIC 3084
- Drop it off in person to the office at 14 Ivanhoe Parade, Ivanhoe
If you wish to discuss the opportunities to volunteer call the office on 9499 2080. Please leave your details and the Secretary will contact you.